If you are buying or selling a home, we highly recommend that you get a termite inspection. Termites and other Wood Destroying Insects can do significant damage to a property. This damage can go unnoticed for years without a proper inspection. It is important to identify any issues in this regard before it’s too late. Contact us to schedule an inspection.
Preventative Measures Against Termites
As a homeowner, there are several things you can do to prevent termite infestations.
- Monitor moisture levels to prevent moisture build-up in your home’s crawlspace
- Make sure all mulch is placed at least one foot away from your foundation
- Stack all firewood several feet away from the exterior of your home
- Use only pressure-treated wood for all porches and decks which contact the ground as even treated wood has a limited protection period
- Outdoor lightbulbs should be yellow or pale amber to reduce light attraction from swarming termites at night
- Make sure all gardens and flower beds are as far away from your home’s perimeter as possible
- Repair any leaking fixtures that may cause exterior wood to dry rot
Concerned there might be termites in your home? Here are the signs:
- Support structures begin to sag unexpectedly
- Areas of paint on wooden surfaces appear bubbled or distorted
- Mud tubes across masonry or any wooden part of your home