Real Estate Agents Continuing Education Courses
Donofrio & Associates, LLC offers a wide variety of courses related to the Home Inspection.
Each course is approved for real estate continuing education credits. Classes can be done virtually or in person at your office.
If you would like to schedule a course, please email PJ@donofrioinspections.com or Donna@donofrioinspections.com.
Going Green: For Real Estate Agents
A home's energy efficiency has a direct impact on the owner's wallet. Our instructor will present an overview of numerous key topics surrounding today's green home. You will learn to:
• Differentiate between ‘green’ and ‘green-washed’ products and services.
• Describe characteristics and benefits of green appliances.
• Describe the benefits of green systems that can be installed within a home.
• Identify characteristics of green construction.
Avoiding the Aggravations of Home Inspections
The home inspection is one of the most crucial parts of the home buying process. However, real estate agents can ease some of their clients’ anxieties by helping them to be better educated and prepared for the home inspection process. By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Set expectations for the buyer.
- Explain common components of an inspection agreement.
- Avoid aggravations by preparing the seller.
- Avoid aggravations by preparing the buyer.
Lead Safety: For Real Estate Agents
Any structure built before 1972 is at risk for containing lead based paint.
The prevalence of lead paint may impact many different areas of a real estate transaction. Join our instructor and learn to:
• Define lead abatement and explain why lead based paint is prevalent in buildings prior to 1972.
• Identify and explain the health implications of lead based paint poisoning.
• Describe risks of performing renovations on areas afflicted with lead based paint.
• Explain government regulations that address lead based paint.
• Describe tests available to determine if lead based paint is prevalent in a building.
Mold: What You Need To Know About Mold and How To Read Air Sampling Reports
The presence of mold can derail the home buying process. Join our instructor and learn to:
• Define mold and explain its common causes.
• Describe health effects of mold.
• Provide answers to buyers’ commonly asked questions regarding mold.
• Describe the impact of mold on the real estate transaction.
Radon and the Real Estate Transaction
Any home, regardless of when it was built, its location, or the materials used in construction, can expose its residents to radon. Join our instructor and learn to:
• Identify risks associated with long-term exposure.
• Describe ways that radon can infiltrate a house.
• Explain testing measures that can be used to identify the presence of radon in a home
• Describe the benefits of radon mitigation systems.
• Guide your clients through the real estate transactions process with particular sensitivity to radon.
Understanding Newer Homes
Showing a newer home can be a challenge for a real estate agent. A real estate agent’s ability to identify the typical problems found in a newer home and put them into perspective for a buyer is necessary. By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Estimate the life cycles of numerous components of a newer home.
- Predict what to expect from a newer home.
- Advise and prepare the buyer.
- Assess the conditions of typical parts of a newer home that wear out.
Managing The Home Inspection
A home inspection is one of the most crucial parts of the home buying process. Offers can be finalized or revoked as a result of a home inspector’s report. Inspections can be a source of anxiety for buyers, sellers, and real estate agents. In this course you will learn to:
• Direct clients to the best inspectors.
• Anticipate frequently asked home inspector questions.
• Better equip clients for the home inspection process.