Floors, furniture, bathrooms, and countertops are all standard areas of your home that grab your attention every week as part of your basic cleaning routine. Whether you have a cleaning company or do it yourself, there are probably some other areas of your home that are often forgotten. What am I talking about? Well, when was the last time you cleaned these five areas?
1. Washing machine: Typically, you can clean your washing machine in one cycle by pouring a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda into your washer, and running it on the hottest cycle.
2. Under appliances: Cleaning is a must behind appliances like your refrigerator or under the stove. These small spaces can collect loads of dust, dirt, grime, and even food.
3. Trash cans: Thoroughly scrub your kitchen or bathroom trash can, rinse it out, and spray with disinfectant.
4. Mattresses: A vacuum can easily get rid of dirt, dead skin cells, crumbs, and other things that accumulate unseen on the mattress surface.
5. Dishwasher: Even this appliance requires cleaning. Dishwashers get clogged with food debris, soap scum, and hard water deposits. Start by cleaning out the filter of the dishwasher; then toss a cup of white vinegar into the bottom when it’s empty and run the normal cycle.
Though these areas typically don’t need attention every week, you should add them to your cleaning routine if they’re not on the list already.