Increasing energy efficiency is absolutely good for the environment but it also can be good for your wallet! Here are several tips for reducing energy consumption while maintaining comfortable temperatures in your home this winter. The end result also can lead to extra money in your pockets!
· Open the curtains of your south-facing windows to let the sunlight heat your home naturally.
· Turn your thermostat down 10 degrees before you go to bed.
· Seal air leaks around pipes.
· Keep your fireplace damper closed unless a fire is burning.
· Caulk around windows.
· Change your furnace filters regularly.
· Run your ceiling fan in reverse to bring the heat back down to floor level.
· Add insulation to your attic.
· Move furniture so it doesn’t block your vents.
· Wear extra layers of clothing.