When selling a home, most people want to sell it quickly and get a great price. One way to help achieve this goal is to stage your home before putting it on the market. What is staging? It’s simply making changes to your home so it appeals to the highest number of potential buyers. You may want to hire a professional stager or possibly stage your home yourself. Here are some steps to take to make your home market ready:
- Remove personal items.
- Remove half of the items from your closets.
- Remove memorabilia.
- Turn theme rooms into more neutral spaces.
- Hire a professional cleaning staff.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned.
- Make sure window treatments, such as blinds, are working properly.
- Replace burnt-out light bulbs.
- Clear off counters in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Buy fresh shower curtains.
- Eliminate odors in rooms or from pets.
- Repair cracks, holes, and dings in walls.
Exterior tips include power washing the deck; touching up paint around doors, decks, and garage doors; and sprucing up landscaping.
By investing some time and money in your home, the payoff could be well worth it!