If you’re starting to think about selling your home, there are some things you can do to get ready even before contacting an agent. Attacking this list will benefit you when sale time comes!
- Wash the windows.
- Make small fixes: Correct any issues in your home that can be fixed relatively easily for example, repairing cracks or repainting worn walls.
- Clean and declutter: Remove excess items such as furniture or knickknacks.
- Exterior maintenance: Trim bushes, clean out flower beds, add new mulch, and trim trees. Your yard should also be clutter free.
- De-personalize: Remove family pictures.
- Pre-listing inspection: Consider hiring a home inspector to inspect your house. This will provide you with a detailed report outlining any major issues that need to be addressed.
- Paint: Walls with nail pops, chips, or marks should be fixed and repainted. A fresh coat of paint can go a long way to make your home look good!
- Clean your carpets: Address stains or dirt that may make buyers turn away. If the stains are too severe, consider replacing the carpet.
- Make sure your lights are working: A properly lit home can sparkle in the eyes of a buyer.
Now you can find your agent and get your house on the market!